Tuesday, September 4, 2007

Daffodilius

*With apologies to William Wordsworth (Daffodils)


I floated happily as a bee

That dances on high o’er fields and flowers

When all at once I saw the tree

A man, whom perfect even his last hours

Upon the Cross, exhaled last breath

Freeing the Sinners in his Death


Repentance for what I have done

His binding Love at Calvary

That stretched over his son

The Lord has adopted me

As this never was my choice

For all of eternity I’ll rejoice


This blood washed away my sin

Full Atonement, my debt was paid

His Grace upon all men

His Death – His Choice – He obeyed

My sin killed him, twas not fair

But it was His love that kept him there


So on this dark and gloomy night

When trials and inequities hover

I gaze up to the Lord’s holy Light

not an inch his blood does not cover

When my name he did call

Daily reminder, Jesus paid it all

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I did so love this one. :) Esp the last line.