Monday, September 17, 2007

Our King

John baptized him

From Heaven Came a Voice

“this is my son, whom I love”

His Death was my Choice


“But I tell you: Love your enemies”

That you may be sons of the Father

Love for all is what he taught

I killed him! Who did he Bother?


By examples of birds

He taught us not to worry

“Each day has enough trouble”

His Death, a sad story


To a man with leprosy

"I am willing," he said. "Be clean!"

The man was cured instantly

I nailed him to the cross to be seen.


The Crowd thought the girl was dead

Asleep He Said she wasn’t dead

As the scoffed, she got up

And for me, this Man Bled


He taught by Parables

A field of Weeds and Wheat

Which Seed are you?

He Died, by deceit


Five Loaves and Two Fish

Over 5000 men were fed

With plenty left over

Yet, we let him hang till dead


He walked on the Surface of Water

"Take courage! It is I. Don't be afraid."

To Peter who walked out to him

His Death, His Father’s will, he obeyed


A Fig tree had no fruit

"May you never bear fruit again!"

The Tree withered

I killed this man with my sin


Our sin, the nails that hung him to the cross

By the Father’s Will, Jesus Dies

The Ultimate Sacrifice, saving us

Three days later when He Did Rise!

No comments: