Monday, September 17, 2007

I’m Just a Man

Oh my look at the glowing clock

Time does really manage to fly

Faster and Faster each tic-toc

There is so much to do before I die

Things I want to plan out in my life

But such a short time before death

Yet, my career, my kids, a wife?

Accomplishments before my last breathe

But whose accomplishments are these?

Father! Forgive me and my selfish lust

Did you not feed the birds, water the trees?

All this Time, it should be you I trust

I have no reason for my pity and fears

You know the next step, all planned out

You’re my love, through smiles and tears

Such Faithfulness Father, how could I doubt

Guide me Father, Give me Strength to learn

For I am on this side of Heaven, I’m Weak

It is your Love and plan I desperately yearn

Break my pride, make me humble and meek

O Father, I looked away from you in Hate

Yet you led me to the Cross, showed me Love

Salvation for me, I may now pass Heaven’s Gate

Spread my wings and fly, free like the dove

For what good is a wife, if not right before God?

This is wisdom you have brought to me by Grace

Unless it’s is pure and right before you, its fraud

Bring me to the Cross, for it’s my sin I must face

Father I cannot do this alone, unless you’re with me

Guiding me on every step, every leap and bound

I say again, you were there for every bird, every tree

For this is in the word, which is the Truth and it is sound

You have tested my Heart Father, and showed your hand

And for that I Thank you, you have kept me in the light

I don’t deserve this life or your Love, this I understand

I remind my self of the Main Thing day and night

You have compassion for me, You have taken the lead

You invented Love, Walked me down the aisle as your bride

You Overlooked my sin, Yet watched your son bleed

Blood I wash in, take me to the Cross where your son died

I bow down before your son, the perfect man, the almighty king

Bring me face to face with my sin, and show me your plan

Let me one day dance around your throne, rejoice and sing

Forgive me Father, Guide me Father, for I am just a man

No comments: