Monday, September 17, 2007

Hebrews 12

Have I built enough endurance?

The race’s path to Calvary

Do I carry my cross as I should?

Pain and Trials, I wonder who could?


Sin gives way to weary and a faint heart

For the set before him, he endured the cross

My resistance has not caused blood to be spilled

Though his blood that washes me, I am healed


When disciplined, do not loathe thyself

Or grow weary when rebuked

For if a father truly loves his son

Then the work of discipline must be done


For in this work, my endurance only builds

O Father, thank you for treating me like your Son

It often seemed painful, I often did gripe

Though it yields righteous fruit, so sweet, so ripe


I lift up my arms, I strengthen my weak knees

My walk with the Lord shall not be lame

Strive for peace; see that others join the race

So that all shall see the beauty of God’s grace

No comments: