Monday, September 17, 2007

To My Beautiful Children

I’m not the father I can be

My thoughts, a stupid poem

Memories cutting away

I just wish you were home


Tonight I cleaned your room

An empty bed, dusty toys

A smile to catch the tears

I wake up, maintain poise


His giggles echo in the room

Her smile brightens my day

Joyful hearts and a silly daddy,

Who is trying not to slip away


All I want is to love my God

And be the father he is to me

To guide you my children

To the one who died on the tree


But tonight, I sit here in self loathe

The choices I made, Godly Sorrow

But God in his Mercy, saved me

We shall not worry about the morrow


We have our prayers, trust in God!

In Prayer I can be right there

Trust the Lord, my children

Do not regret, or despair


At night when you miss me

Turn in prayer to our Lord

Seek first his kingdom, trust him!

As your daddy has every tear poured


Know too, that there is Jesus

Salvation by Mercy and Grace

Follow him, my beautiful children

He’ll rescue you from the darkest place


O Blessed be the name of the Lord

He gives and he takes away

Give yourselves to him children

Let your hearts choose to stay!


My Children, I love you

Surround yourself in his Glory

He brings peace and hope,

A happy ending to this story

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

That poem was most certainly not stupid... That was amazing! To be honest, I don't usually enjoy reading poetry, but the poems you have written about Nevaeh and Lynix that convey your passionate fatherly love for them... Those got me. Keep up the good work; you're doing a great job!!! Mind if I put a link to your blog on mine???

Franz Schneider said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Franz Schneider said...

You brought tears of joy to my eyes, bro--I get tears often just thinking of all the Lord has done in you and for you, bro. To see a dad now leading his children to follow the Lord--that's a testimony of grace. I rejoice at each thought of your testimony of His glorious grace!!!

Love you, bro!
-Franz